Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Is Buying Adderall as a Study Aid Feeding a Drug Addiction?


Is buying Adderall as a study aid feeding a drug addiction? That is the question I have been trying to get across. To sum up my previous two postings, Adderall is used to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy. However, it is a drug that many college kids use to stay focused and concentrate during long nights of studying. My argument is that many people feel like they can use self-control and over come the pressure of forming an addiction to this drug. This is when I disagree. Addreall stimulates a part of the brain and causes a release of neurotransmitters. The same stimulates prevent neurotransmitters from being used normally by brain cells. So as a user you feel the need to take more and more Adderall to recreate the rush. This is how addiction comes into place and goes from having that little bit of self-control to uncontrollable reactions.

College crack” or the “study drug” as Adderall is referred to, has many dangerous side effects that I want to make aware of. Deprivation of sleep, hallucinations, and death are all possible outcomes that could occur from consuming Adderall. Many other side effects like depression, anxiety, and life-threatening high blood pressure can occur from long-term users who consume Adderall. Just like any other drug the withdrawal process can be long and difficult. "There currently is no medication to take for withdrawal" however; ant-depressants can help alleviate symptoms of depression during early withdrawal. Some symptoms of withdrawal can include: excessive tiredness, hopelessness/depression, and alterations in hearth rhythm.

To sum up my blog I hope I have made a least one person aware of the dangers of Adderall. Even though I joked about it being the new coffee. I recommend drinking a cup coffee any day rather than popping a pill. The bottom line is college kids procrastinate there is no way to change that but we can change the products we use to stay up late. I challenge you as a reader to rise above the temptation of Adderall and to get some sleep.

5 comments:

  1. i believe people dont need the pill but if it makes them work harder or better then they did before i guess you can go with what helps you out. but if it also work just like coffee then i would perfer them to drink coffee instead cause i believe its different and wont do as much harm to you then coffee would do to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholesale drug test cups Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Oral drug test kits

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Corona Rehab center

    ReplyDelete
  5. rehabilitation centre Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete