Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Babies Having Babies

While hollywood glamorizes teen pregnancy there are actually groups and sites that help teens stray from teen pregnancy. www.pregnancystories.net gives teens insight on teenage pregnancy as well as MTV's teen mom. Here's a story from www.pregnancystories.net:

When your world changes


I was 15. I had the most loving boyfriend or so I thought. I had no idea I was pregnant until I was about 4 months along, I didn’t know what it was to be pregnant. Hell I was just finding out what love was. Well, I and my boyfriend had already been together 1 year and 6 months. We had been dating 10 months before we messed around. He was my everything; I was in love, indeed. Well, he moved in with me and my mom and my family. We were making a family of our own. Well when I was about 7 months pregnant we started fighting all the time and at times things got abusive towards me. I was so in love with him but it was like there were two sides of him. I tried to stick it out for her. Oh yea it was a girl!!! Well, I was about 8 ½ months pregnant when I started getting false contractions all the time like a week strait it was nothing but pain and I mean a lot of it! The baby started getting really big and the doctor was nervous and thought I wouldn’t be able to deliver, I’m little. So he induced me 2 days before my due date on October 23, 2009. I had a beautiful baby girl I named Lauren Rayn Robinson. Well she had jaundice which means her liver wasn’t fully working and we stayed in the hospital 8 days after I had her. Well, a little thing called postpartum depression started kicking in and I was crying all the time. I figured she got jaundice from something wrong I did during my pregnancy, not saying I did a whole lot of things wrong, I’m only human. Well my abusive relationship with my boyfriend continued after we brought Lauren home. When she was about 1 ½ months old I kicked her dad out of the house and started raising her without him. But there’s more to the story, see before I had her everyone told me I would experience unconditional love but I never imagined how right they all were. But as to who all it applied to was a different story, It was Lauren and her daddy. I tried everything to try to get over her dad but the more I tried the more I loved him. I knew even if I was going to put myself in danger for these “unconditional” feelings for her dad. She would not be in any danger because Lauren didn’t go around him much and when she did my mother was present. But, I would go around him in my time off from being a full time mother and student in high school. Here I am 17 and next Saturday my daughter will be 1. She is getting so big so fast. I am still with her dad but things are changing slowly but surely.

Tonja Renee




2 comments:

  1. Teen pregnancy is definitely becoming a common problem everywhere. Girls that I grew up with are getting pregnant left and right. I agree that shows like MTV's 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom and movies like, Pregnancy Pact glorify teen pregnancy and makes it seem easy and okay. Teens are easily influenced and do whatever they think is cool, so the media needs to shine light on the fact that teen pregnancy is a hard life and show teens how to practice safe sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that teen pregnancy is a growing problem. I think that shows like 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom show mostly the bad things about teen pregnancy. Losing relationships, money troubles, and being unable to get an education are just some of the few things that are constant problems for these teen moms on the shows. Another thought I have about teen pregnancy is that it is totally preventable. I'm not saying that you have to be abstinent, but that is a good thing. But if you are going to have sex, there are so many ways to prevent pregnancy. Many schools and health departments give out free condoms. I know the health department in my town gives out birth control also. If you are brave enough to risk everything to have sex, you could at least be brave enough to ask for prevention methods.

    ReplyDelete