Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Can You Really Get Cancer From Eating Potato Chips?


Cancer is all around us, and no matter where we go there is a threat of getting cancer. People can try to change their odds of escaping this deadly disease, but the sad truth is that most of the things we do in our everyday life are cancer causing. According to Mayo Clinic's seven tips to reduce your risks, the only way to lessen the chances is to exercise, eat healthy, go to the doctor regularly, and stay away from high risk areas (such as power plants). Doctors are not expecting people to follow the rules all the time, they are just warning people not to live their daily life that way. The anti-cancer diet consists of all natural fruits and vegetables. People are not going to follow this diet on a everyday basis. Therefore these diets and advice from doctors are more like guidelines to staying healthy. So can you really get cancer from eating potato chips? The answer is hard to determine, but if you stay healthy there is nothing for you to worry about.

5 comments:

  1. Well you caught me with this title; however, I was expecting an answer - a legitimate answer. It seems that as the days pass, more and more things are making more Americans more likely to get cancer. In this article, you failed to mention anything directly linking potatoes to cancer. Has there been anything found in potatoes, seasoning, oils or anything else involved with making potato chips? I wish you would have provided evidence or some type of support to match up to your title. The article did include ways to prevent cancer, but it is true people will not follow the advice on a daily basis. This link includes thirty things you can do to avoid cancer.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Thirty-Things-You-Can-Do-To-Avoid-Cancer&id=18896

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this to be an interesting topic, but i found it to be an oddly misleading blog. I was wanting an answer, as Mrs. Lauren, since I personally eat a good bit of potato chips. Instead all that was given was statements that really didn't need links. Such as,"the only way to lessen the chances is to exercise, eat healthy, go to the doctor regularly..." I am pretty sure everyone is told this from their mother, grandmother, or teacher at some point in their life. Now if you would have changed your title to to something that just pertains to cancer risk then I could have said thanks for the facts. I also thought the last sentence was funny, in that you finally got back on subject but then just stated,"The answer is hard to determine, but if you stay healthy there is nothing for you to worry about." You had great suspense in the blog, but then shot it down without an answer to the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This topic seems interesting and I would like to look up some more information. Although it was a good topic it was misleading. This blog had nothing to do with potato chips. How can chips cause cancer? Is there a Certain type of Chip that causes cancer? What type of cancer does it cause? Where did you get this information from? Like I said before iam interested in this topic but I would like to know how cancer can come from potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog topic seemed really eye catching, but I would have to agree with launerkelli. I was hoping for more specific details entailing whether or not potatoes were actually linked to cancer. The topic was misleading and I got my hopes up for nothing. The blog was simply a few ways to help lessen the effects of cance. Overall, nice article, but misleading topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the title to this blog, I thought it was the funniest thing. The article was informing and it is so true about anything and everything giving us cancer, but it wouldn’t hurt toi try this diet out, I don’t think I would last long at all though! But I argree with your statement “not to have the fear of death or illness.” It’s a part of life so why not get use to the thought. Enjoy life while you have it.

    ReplyDelete